Gabriela Moran, HCTP November 2017
This recipe for carrot and waffle lovers is perfect for those with lactose and gluten sensitivities. It’s easy to make and can be accompanied by any side of your choice!
- 1 banana
- 1 cup oat flour (Make it yourself by blending rolled oats in a blender until very fine.)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1-1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk (plus more to get a creamy texture)
- In a large bowl, smash banana with a fork.
- Add all ingredients except almond milk to bowl. Mix until completely combined.
- Pour in milk a little at a time, until you get a creamy texture that can be poured into your waffle maker.
- Pour mixture into waffle maker and wait until it gets crispy.
Gabriela is on a mission to create a better world by providing yoga classes at her studio as well as online health coaching programs through her website. She lives in Mexico City and shares love through food to her family and community of yogis. Through IIN, she discovered the joy of living a healthy and self-loving life, and she is pleased to share it every day. Learn more about Gabriela by checking out her website and Instagram.