Melissa Williams, HCTP July 2013
Inspired by the always yummy white chocolate macadamia nut cookie, these snack bites are made without refined sugar and are dairy and gluten free. They make the perfect on-the-go snack or sweet treat for when the moment strikes. Plus, they are easy to make and they require no baking!
For the bites:
- 6 dates (pitted)
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 8 tablespoons vanilla collagen protein
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (or grain-free flour of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 tiny pinch sea salt
For the icing:
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut flakes
- Place all bite ingredients in food processor.
- Blend for about 30–45 seconds.
- Open and scrape down sides using rubber spatula.
- Blend for another 30–45 seconds, until mixture resembles wet sand and macadamia nuts are no longer whole.
- Put mixture in bowl. Roll about 1 tablespoon of mixture at a time into golf-ball-size balls.
- Place on nonstick surface, like parchment paper, and refrigerate for about 20–30 minutes to harden.
- While bites are refrigerating, melt coconut butter by placing glass jar of coconut butter into pot with about 3 inches of warm water. Alternatively, microwave butter for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Mix melted coconut butter and vanilla in bowl.
- Place coconut flakes in separate bowl.
- Once snack bites are set, dip side of each into first the icing mixture and then the shredded coconut.
- Refrigerate for another 20 minutes to set.
Melissa is a holistic Health Coach and believes that your health is wealth. To be rich with health, you have to start investing in your well-being by listening to your body’s signals and incorporating whole foods, fun movement, a positive mind-set, and a present spirit. She enjoys making simple, healthy foods and coaches her clients ready for a lifestyle shift. To learn more about Melissa, check out her website and Instagram.