Robyn Youkilis, HCTP 2008
Have you ever looked at the ingredients on the back of a box of fruit snacks or gummies? They usually have ingredients that are not great for digestion. These “good gut” gummies are made with gelatin, which is great for healing your gut as it helps restore a healthy mucosal lining in the stomach and reduce the amount of inflammation in the body. It’s also a pure source of protein and boosts metabolism and reduces heartburn and acid reflux.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries or raspberries (or a mix of the two)
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon or lime juice (or a mix of the two)
- 2–3 teaspoons honey (generally 2 for adults, 3 for kids)
- 1⁄4 cup unflavored gelatin
- Add berries to small saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir berries and allow them to cook until liquid is steaming and berries are plump, about 6–10 minutes.
- Place lemon juice, honey, and berries in high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Remove lid and allow mixture to cool slightly.
- Add gelatin to blender and blend again until smooth.
- Pour mixture into candy molds, or a 9” x 9” baking dish, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Once gummies have set, remove them from molds or slice them into desired shapes and store in refrigerator.
Robyn Youkilis is an AADP Certified Health Coach, author, speaker, and leading expert in holistic digestive health. She is the founder and CEO of the global health coaching practice Your Healthiest You. For nearly a decade, Robyn has helped clients shed both physical and emotional weight through her straightforward yet supportive coaching style. She is the author of the bestselling books Go with Your Gut and Thin From Within and has been featured in The Wall Street Journal and Health and on The View, The Today Show, E! News, The Cooking Channel, MindBodyGreen, Well + Good, The Chalkboard Mag, and more.
Robyn currently lives in New York City and Los Angeles with her husband and their daughter, Navy. She enjoys traveling, music festivals, and eating dessert at fancy restaurants, one bite at a time. To learn more about Robyn, check out her website and Instagram.