By Mabel Contreras, HCTP October 2018 Accelerated
These pumpkin pancakes are delicious, easy, and healthy – plus, they’re perfect for this time of year! Full of aromatic spices, including cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger, these pancakes are not only packed with flavor but smell delightful, too. And they’re sugar-free and lactose-free!
- 1-1/4 cups oat flour
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1-1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground malagueta
- Dash ground ginger
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Combine all ingredients (except coconut oil) in a blender until smooth.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Pour batter on skillet in 1/3-cup portions. Use the back of a spoon or measuring cup to smooth the batter into desired circle shape. When bubbles start forming on the top, use a spatula to carefully flip to other side. Let cook for a few more minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove pancakes from skillet and cool on plate.
- Optional toppings: pure maple syrup, nut butter, bananas, eggs, avocado, or anything you’d like!
Mabel is a certified holistic nutrition and Health Coach and yoga enthusiast. She previously battled with being uncomfortable in her own skin and had dealt a lot with body image issues. Over time, she found ways to overcome this and work on a better self, and now her goal is to help others who want to lead a healthy lifestyle. To learn more about Mabel, check out her website and Instagram.