By Alexandra Bartee, HCTP May 2018
Now that fall is here, our kitchens need some warm, comforting recipes that are EASY and HEALTHY. Agreed? This chickpea masala is quick and simple and will warm you from the inside out. It is fully plant-based and gluten-free, so this nutrient-dense meal will digest easily without leaving you feeling sluggish.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 onion
- 24 ounces tomato passata purée
- 1 teaspoon masala seasoning
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste
- 31 ounces (2 cans) chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 13.6 ounces (1 can) full-fat coconut milk
- Fresh cilantro
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic and onion until soft.
- Add passata, masala seasoning, curry paste, chickpeas, coconut milk, and cilantro. Simmer for 5–10 minutes.
- Serve over rice and top with extra fresh cilantro!
Alexandra Bartee is an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, an actress, a yoga instructor, a wife, and the founder of Your Plantiful Life. Through her work, she is a resource for holistic wellness, plant-based recipes, vegan education, juicing benefits, and lifestyle inspiration. She incorporates nutrition, movement, and mind-set and provides women with actionable tips to make their lives better, inside and out. Find inspiration from Alexandra on her website and Instagram.