By Sílvia Taveira de Almeida, HCTP August 2019
This recipe is a fun way to use cauliflower, one of my favorite superfoods. For me, this dish ticks all the longevity boxes I value: antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, full of vitamin C, and healthy fats! It is as perfectly adequate for those following a vegan lifestyle as it is for anyone following a Paleo, Keto, or Whole30 lifestyle.
- 2 ½-inch sliced “steaks” of cauliflower, cut from the center of a medium-size cauliflower
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Mixed greens
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 360°F and line metal tray with baking paper.
- Season cauliflower with 2 teaspoons olive oil and spices. Place on tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping them about halfway through.
- Meanwhile, season mixed greens and avocado with 1 teaspoon olive oil and lemon juice.
- Place cooked cauliflower on top of salad, squeezing a bit more lemon juice on cauliflower to help bring out caramelized veggie flavor.
Sílvia Taveira de Almeida is a healthy eating mentor. She helps busy humans find the healthy lifestyle they need to lose weight in a healthy and sustainable way while also helping them manage their stress and find a safe space of individual well-being. Sílvia is a business woman, wife, and mother of two. She believes that cooking at home and healthy eating has made her happier and stronger. She currently lives in Lisbon and Maputo. Find more from Sílvia on her website and Instagram.