By Alessandra Cardin, HCTP March 2017
Banana ice cream is an amazing vegan dessert to enjoy during these last few weeks of warm weather. Plus, it’s so simple to make! Be sure to use bananas that are very ripe so that your ice cream tastes nice and sweet. If you ever have bananas that are ripening before you can eat them, freeze them so they’re ready to use. It’s also a great idea to keep your eye out for when your local grocery store puts any ripe bananas on sale – the perfect time to stock your freezer! This recipe calls for strawberries, but you can have tons of fun experimenting with flavors. Try adding different fruits to your ice cream, and use whatever toppings you’d like!
- 1 cup frozen bananas (peel and chop before freezing)
- 1/4 cup frozen strawberries (or any frozen fruit of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- Handful of blackberries and raspberries (or any fruit of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut (or any seeds, nuts, or dried fruit of your choice)
- Blend bananas, strawberries, and vanilla extract in high-power blender or food processor.
- Scoop mixture into bowl and top with blackberries, raspberries, and shredded coconut.
Alessandra Cardin is an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and certified in plant-based nutrition and yoga. After struggling with fatigue, digestion issues, disordered eating, and insomnia, Alessandra turned to a mind-body approach to healing. She is now passionate about helping others make sustainable lifestyle changes and find true well-being through intuitive eating and holistic living. You can connect with Alessandra on Instagram and find more about her on her website.