By Jenna Duxbury, HCTP March 2018
Pair this fresh summer salad with your favorite protein for a healthy weeknight dinner or serve it at your next weekend barbecue for your family and friends to enjoy.
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Pinch sea salt
- 4 drops lime essential oil (or 1 fresh lime)
For the salad:
- Approximately 5–6 stalks fresh kale
- 1 fresh mango, cubed
- 1/2 yellow capsicum
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Place all dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place kale in serving bowl and massage 2/3 of the dressing into it with your hands.
- Add mango, capsicum, and avocado.
- When ready to serve, mix through remainder of dressing, top with sesame seeds, and enjoy.
Jenna Duxbury is an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, photographer, wife, and mama. Through her work, she hopes to spread the light on mindfulness, creativity, and holistic well-being. She prides herself on living her passions and allowing this to shine through from the inside out, using holistic tools. Find more from Jenna on her website and Instagram.