By Annette Derovanessian, HCTP July 2016
This refreshing summer salad is loaded with health benefits. Pomegranate and its molasses have been shown to lower blood pressure, reduce arthritis and joint pain, fight cancer and bacterial infections, and improve memory. Combined with antioxidant-rich fennel and anti-aging alfalfa, this salad makes for the perfect healthy and delicious meal.
- 1 peach, sliced into thirds
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 cup pomegranate kernels
- 4 large handfuls mixed greens
- 1 fennel, sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Edible flowers, for garnish
- Preheat grill.
- Coat peaches with avocado oil.
- Grill peaches on medium-high heat for three minutes per side.
- In a large salad bowl, mix pomegranate kernels, greens, fennel, walnuts, and alfalfa sprouts.
- Add grilled peaches to the salad.
- Make the dressing by combining pomegranate molasses, honey, lemon juice, and olive oil. Whisk to incorporate.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss.
- Garnish with edible flowers and serve!
After graduating from IIN’s Health Coach Training Program, Annette changed her career from accountant to Integrative Nutrition Health Coach. She decided to compile her family recipes and make them healthy. She published her cookbook, Annette’s Kitchen – Family Recipes Made Healthy, in March 2019. Annette also conducts cooking classes, where she teaches the importance of using real ingredients, and coaches clients to help reach their health and lifestyle goals. She is currently working on another book – about healthy desserts and beverages. You can find more from Annette on her website and Instagram.