By Nicole Stepanian, HCTP May 2018
This gluten-free, dairy-free oatmeal bake with fresh raspberries and almond milk is easy to make and tastes delicious. It’s the perfect way to start your day with high fiber and nutritious ingredients. Plus, it can be vegan if oil is used to coat the serving dish.
- 1/2 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup mashed organic banana
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup organic raspberries
- 1 tablespoon almonds or other nut/seeds
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free chocolate chips for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat ramekin or baking dish with ghee, coconut oil, or grapeseed oil.
- Mix oats and almond milk in small bowl.
- Add banana, cocoa powder, baking powder, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Mix until evenly combined and pour into ramekin or baking dish.
- Gently press in raspberries.
- Add almonds or other nuts/seeds on top.
- Finish with optional dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve warm alone or with maple syrup or almond butter.
Nicole Stepanian is a 2018 HCTP graduate with over 25 years of experience in the wellness industry. As a weight-loss counselor with NutriSystems®, she helped clients design personalized nutrition and fitness programs to improve their health. Nicole danced professionally with the San Francisco 49ers, Los Angeles Lakers, and Los Angeles Clippers, where she was appointed lead wellness ambassador and motivational speaker alongside professional athletes with Pros For Kids.
As a mother of two and founder of Integrative Steps, Nicole currently works as a health educator, giving presentations to corporations throughout Southern California. She represents various healthcare companies, and her clients include the City and County of Los Angeles, Geico®, and Children’s Services, among others. She is currently working on her first book and plans to continue expanding her education through the many specialized programs offered by IIN.