By Jackie Cimino, HCTP March 2018
Using a spiralizer to create zucchini noodles (aka “zoodles”!) is a great healthy alternative to traditional spaghetti. If you’re looking for a healthy meal during the week, this is your dish! You can easily sub in different beans and mushrooms to your liking.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup sliced green or black olives
- 1–2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2–3 zucchini, spiralized
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Feta for plating (optional)
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Sauté onion and garlic on low until onions are translucent.
- Stir in mushrooms, beans, olives, and tomatoes.
- Cook on low for 2–4 minutes.
- Add spiralized zucchini.
- Season entire dish and toss well so noodles are dressed with pan juices.
- Transfer to plate.
- Sprinkle feta for added flavor if desired.
Jackie Cimino has a love for creating recipes filled with healthy foods that taste great. She is a new mom to a baby girl who has taught her the importance of sleep. Learn more about Jackie on her website and Instagram.