By Caitlin Haines, HCTP October 2018-Accelerated
For a quicker, healthier version of your favorite Asian-inspired appetizer, skip the takeout (and delivery fees) and make this instead. You won’t regret it!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 bag coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon sriracha (if you like it hot)
- Brown turkey over medium heat while breaking into pieces.
- Add sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and green onions. Sauté 2 minutes.
- Add coleslaw mix, sauté, and allow to wilt.
- Add coconut aminos and cook for 2 minutes. Finish with sriracha.
- Top with sesame seeds or more green onions and enjoy!
Caitlin Haines is an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach in central Illinois with a love for nutrition and wellness. Prior to becoming a Health Coach, Cait was teaching nutrition and culinary arts to high school students. Soon, her passion outgrew the classroom, and she knew she wanted to do more of what she loves by helping people become healthier and happier. She’s now guiding others to set goals and make sustainable changes to improve their health and happiness. Cait also shares her real-food recipes and healthy lifestyle tips with others on her blog and Instagram.
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach? Click here to learn more!