By Jessica Nusbaum, HCTP July 2017
All the yummy flavors of a tropical getaway baked into a cookie! These loaded cookies are gluten-free and filled with healthy fats. The perfect trio of coconut, macadamia nuts, and dark chocolate will satisfy your sweet tooth while providing nutrients.
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 bar 85% dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon Manuka honey (optional)
- 1/4 cup monk fruit
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- Dash salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Mix egg, almond flour, coconut flakes, macadamia nuts, dark chocolate, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a saucepan on low heat, combine almond butter, coconut oil, honey, monk fruit, almond milk, and salt.
- Once combined, mix with dry ingredients until gooey batter forms.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, until golden.
Jessica worked as a personal trainer for over ten years before finding Integrative Nutrition. She always knew she wanted to do more for her clients! Jessica created her 180 Wellness program for women to help heal their relationship with food. She believes the process starts by healing yourself first. In her free time, she loves to hike, get together with friends for weekend trips, and of course bake! Find more from Jessica on her website and Instagram.
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach? Click here to learn more!