By Chrissie Duffield-Bittner, HCTP November 2018
Take your go-to oatmeal and add just a few ingredients to create these tasty, easy, and healthy pancakes. Perfect to make ahead for a quick breakfast or a warm weekend breakfast!
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon flaxseeds (optional)
- Toppings: 100% maple syrup, banana, blueberries
- In a medium bowl, mash banana.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Heat skillet, spray with oil, and cook pancakes 3–4 minutes on each side, until golden.
- Enjoy with a drizzle of maple syrup, banana slices, or blueberries!
Chrissie is a corporate registered dietitian, personal trainer, farmer’s daughter, and food blogger here to inspire everyone that eating healthy can also taste good. She believes that nutrition is a big key to wellness, but there are many more factors, like sleep, stress, relationships, physical activity, and self-love. During the day, she works with clients in their workplace, and at night, you can find her working on her blog, in bible study, at the gym, or being surrounded by positive people. Find more from Chrissie on her blog and Instagram.
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach? Click here to learn more!