By Karen Kelly, HCTP January 2019
This easy Instant Pot chicken tortilla soup is loaded with spicy flavors and tender shredded chicken. It’s ready in less than 30 minutes and tastes great as leftovers, too.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 15 ounces (1 can) organic black beans, rinsed
- 15 ounces (1 can) organic corn
- 5 ounces (1 can) organic fire-roasted tomatoes
- 32 ounces (1 box) organic chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Optional: cheese, sour cream, avocado
- Set Instant Pot to sauté and add olive oil. Sauté onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Turn off Instant Pot and add remaining ingredients. Stir, cover, and lock Instant Pot. Cook on high for 7 minutes.
- Let pressure release naturally for 12 minutes or so, then carefully remove lid. Remove chicken breasts and shred with two forks. Return to Instant Pot.
- Stir soup and add more salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Serve with your choice of chopped cilantro, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, and diced avocado.
Karen Kelly is a blogger at Seasonal Cravings, where she shares healthy seasonal recipes and nutrition tips. She is currently a student at Integrative Nutrition on a quest to help others find a healthy relationship with food. Find this recipe and more on her blog, Seasonal Cravings.
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach? Click here to learn more!