By Alexandra Chaffanjon, HCTP July 2015
This warm banana-infused tea will break your tension and get you into a deep state of relaxation. Drink this before bed to wake up feeling refreshed, centered, and energized.
- 2 organic bananas
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Sprinkle cinnamon and/or ginger
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon nut butter
- nut/grain/dairy milk
- Wash bananas and cut off ends. Cut each banana into rounds and place in a pot of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20–40 minutes (depending on how strong you would like your tea). Strain pieces of banana and peel.
- Add honey, cinnamon, coconut oil, nut butter, and milk, and stir or blend to combine.
- Store the cooled leftover tea in a bottle in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Drink this warm tea at least a half hour before bed so that when it creates that sleep glow, you have completed your nighttime routine and are ready to get into bed and surrender to sleep.
Alexandra Chaffanjon is a mom and holistic Health Coach helping other moms regain their energy to live a glowing life. Alex was already living a holistic lifestyle, but when she became a new mom and experienced a new relationship with sleep, she found herself tired and lacking energy. She realized how important the power of sleep was and now uses this discovery to help other women reclaim their lives by sharing the secrets to waking up glowing, full of clean, clear, and calm energy, and going from zoned out to tuned in. Find more from Alex on her website and Instagram.
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach? Click here to learn more!