By Mafalda Henriques, HCTP September 2015
This cashew-based sauce is a creamy and delicious vegetarian option to go with your favorite noodles, vegetables, and proteins. It’s full of healthy fats and free of dairy, gluten, and sugar, making it a perfect option for many diets!
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup hot water (for soaking and blending)
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- Fresh cilantro to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak cashews in hot water for one hour.
- Fry onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Add chopped mushrooms and continue to fry.
- Blend cashews with enough water to make it a thin cream.
- Add cashew cream, cilantro, salt and pepper to pan and serve with zucchini noodles or another healthy option!
Mafalda Henriques is a Health Coach and personal trainer living in Mozambique, Africa. She enjoys reading, music, yoga, dance, art, and cooking. She is currently pursuing a master’s degree in integrative medicine and plans to help change others’ lives for the rest of her life!
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach? Click here to learn more!