By Rebecca Powell, HCTP September 2016
Super creamy and colorful turmeric ginger oats topped with coconut yogurt is the perfect balance of healthy fats. This one is topped with fruit and bee pollen – an antioxidant-rich and inflammation-busting breakfast addition, which also looks pretty and tastes great! Add grated zucchini or cauliflower to the oats for fiber and satiety (you won’t even taste it)!
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds (or chia seeds)
- Almond milk or water to cover
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Knob fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Optional: 1/2 zucchini, grated
- Dollop coconut yogurt
- Optional: fruit, bee pollen
- Add oats and flaxseed to pan.
- Add almond milk or water and simmer for around 5 minutes.
- Add cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, and zucchini (if desired).
- Simmer for another 3–4 minutes until oats are soft and creamy.
- When cooked, pour in bowl.
- Add coconut yogurt.
- Get creative with your toppings!
Rebecca Powell is an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach specializing in coaching new moms and women who have struggled with weight issues. She helps them eat well, feel great, and therefore restore their confidence. Check her out on Facebook!
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach? Click here to learn more!