By Megan Ratigan, HCTP March 2018
These fudgy brownies ooze with chocolate chips and melt in your mouth with every bite. They’re the perfect sweet tooth satisfier, and you would never guess they are gluten-free, dairy-free, and refined sugar–free, and the ingredients even include celery pulp!
- 2 cups celery pulp
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/2–1 cup chocolate chips (dairy-free/no sugar added, if desired)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Mix first six ingredients together until combined well.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- While dough is chilling, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add egg and baking soda to chilled dough, and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 8.5″ x 8.5″ baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Megan Ratigan is an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, recipe creator, and health and wellness influencer living in Atlanta, Georgia. After struggling with disordered eating, her mission is to help others through sharing her story and making healthy living easy and more accessible. She shares healthy recipes that are easy to make and lifestyle tips that are easy to implement, and she coaches through a holistic lens to address all areas of health.
Note from Megan: I hope you enjoy these brownies as much as I do! I love that they encourage zero-waste baking by using the celery pulp from juicing. If you remake this recipe, I’d love to see it! You can find me on my website or Instagram.
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach? Click here to learn more!