By Carly Paige, HCTP November 2015
Whether you’re cozying up to a special someone, appreciating a night to yourself, or spending time with your gals, this tangy and decadent treat is a must for Valentine’s Day (or any other day)! It’s completely vegan and avoids any refined sugar, making it a perfect way to satisfy those sweet cravings in a healthy and mindful way.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries, plus more for layering and garnish
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2/3 cup cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2-1/2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon water
- To make the raspberry chia jam, place raspberries in bowl with lemon juice. Microwave for about 1 minute, or until thawed and warm. Mash with a fork and add chia seeds; stir to combine and set aside.
- To make the chocolate cashew cream, drain and rinse soaked cashews. Add cashews, maple syrup, cacao powder, vanilla extract, salt, and water to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy, then blend for another minute or so until warm.
- To serve, divide the chia jam between two glasses. Add another layer of fresh berries. Spoon chocolate cashew cream on top and garnish with extra berries and cacao nibs or chocolate chips.
Carly Paige is an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, a plant-based cooking instructor, and the founder of FitLiving Eats. It’s her mission to make healthy simple, both on and off the plate, to increase energy and confidence. Carly works with individuals and groups through her coaching practice and hosts monthly cooking classes and corporate wellness workshop events. She also shares healthy recipes and lifestyle tips on Instagram and her blog. Carly graduated from IIN in 2016 and has since received several PLANTLAB culinary certifications.
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach? Click here to learn more!