By Alexandra Napoli, HCTP July 2014
This quinoa and mango salad is a fresh and delicious way to enjoy nutrient-dense ingredients. It’s a colorful dish filled with plant-based protein, healthy fats, and fiber that will keep your hunger at bay. This salad is simple to throw together and perfect to eat as a side or on its own!
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno (optional)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 large mangoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 3 cups quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1 bell pepper (any color), diced
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 large cucumber, diced
- 16 ounces (1 can) chickpeas
- 1 large bunch cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add onion, jalapeno, lemon juice, and lime juice to a large salad bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix, and serve right away or keep in fridge up to 7 days.
Alexandra Napoli, aka The Hungry Health Coach, is a certified holistic Health Coach, yoga instructor, and YouTube cooking show host. From her Brooklyn, New York, apartment, this Canadian is challenging the notion that a healthy lifestyle has to be stuck up and picture-perfect. Alex showcases healthy, easy-to-cook recipes that anyone can master and focuses her one-on-one coaching work toward quieting the inner critic many of us struggle with. Alex shows us that there’s a way to live your life with joy, choose food without worry, and love the way you look.