By Michelle Badillo, HCTP September 2017
Looking for a light and delicious dinner? Here it is! Enjoy this simple pasta dish that uses chickpea pasta and zucchini noodles to resemble a comforting favorite with a healthy twist!
- Olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup peeled tomatoes
- Pinch of pink salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Pinch of basil powder
- Drop of stevia
- 1 zucchini
- 4 tablespoons cooked chickpea pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado
- Mozzarella cheese for garnish
- Optional: 1 teaspoon Parmesan or feta cheese
- In a medium pan, add oil over medium-low heat.
- Sauté garlic until golden.
- Sauté onions until transparent.
- Blend tomatoes and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, basil, and stevia.
- Make zucchini pasta with a spiralizer.
- Mix zucchini noodles with cooked chickpea pasta.
- Add sauce to taste.
- Garnish with mozzarella, Parmesan, or feta cheese.
Michelle Badillo is a Venezuelan journalist, model, television host, and former Miss Costa International in San Jose, Costa Rica. She is also a lifestyle blogger sharing healthy ways to live, including exercise, yoga, meditation, fashion, self-help, and more on her website and Instagram. Find more from Michelle at www.michellebadillo.com!
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach? Click here to learn more!