By Emily Claire Clarke, HCTP May 2017
If you enjoy pumpkin spice, you are going to love this dairy-free, gluten-free, and refined sugar–free spiced pumpkin treat!
- 1-1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2/3 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda/soda bicarbonate
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 large pastured eggs
- 3/4 cup (approximately half a can) organic canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup organic grade B maple syrup
- 1 heaping teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cover medium-size loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix dry ingredients until all parts are evenly distributed.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Slowly add remaining wet ingredients until combined. There should be no visible pockets of dry ingredients remaining.
- Pour mixture into lined loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out dry, in the center of the oven rack.
- Allow to cool for one hour before slicing and serving.
Emily was diagnosed with a rare chronic disease in early 2014. After undergoing failed brain surgery and suffering the side effects of more than 10 medications, Emily turned to food for a cure. Her time in the kitchen led to an anti-inflammatory diet and lifestyle that has allowed her to manage her chronic pain naturally and taper off all prescription drugs and injections. Through her business, Busy Bee Well, Emily has gone on to support the wellness journeys of many women who are unwell, while providing those who are well with the tools to prevent disease. Beyond the basics of food, Busy Bee Well brings balance to every aspect of a woman’s life, including love, relationships, career, fitness, and sleep. Find more from Emily on her website and Instagram.
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach? Click here to learn more!