By Stephanie Powers, HCTP March 2015
Calling all smoothie lovers! This acai bowl will be your next obsession. It’s basically a smoothie but thick like ice cream and can be enjoyed with a spoon and crunchy toppings. Plus, unlike ice cream, it’s loaded with antioxidants and vitamins to get your energy up without a blood sugar drop or other unwanted repercussions. Toppings are optional, but they make it even more fun to eat!
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 3 frozen strawberries
- Handful of frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon acai powder
- Splash of pomegranate juice
- Pumpkin seeds
- Chia seeds
- Goji berries
- Blend all ingredients in a blender. Add more pomegranate juice as needed to reach the desired consistency (should be thick like ice cream).
- Scrape out acai blend and place in a small bowl.
- Top with fresh granola, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, sliced strawberries, sliced banana, or sprinkle of goji berries. Finish with a drizzle of raw, local honey.
Note: For less sugar, sub coconut water for pomegranate juice and omit honey.
Stephanie Powers is a holistic Health Coach specializing in endocrine and mental health disorders. She published her first book, Thyroid First Aid Kit, through IIN’s Launch Your Dream Book Course and produced and hosts her own podcast, Lightworkers Lounge. After experiencing her own health struggles and successfully reversing her Hashimoto’s disease, she knew she wanted to guide others to health as well. Stephanie dedicates her life to supporting people in need of emotional, energetic healing. Learn more about Stephanie on her website and Instagram.
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach? Click here to learn more!