By Katey Gordon, HCTP September 2017
Looking for a guilt-free way to satisfy your sweet tooth? This banana bread recipe is the perfect solution! Packed with wholesome ingredients and free from refined sugars, you’ll feel good about having a slice for breakfast, a snack, or dessert! The best part is it’s SUPER simple to make and is a surefire crowd pleaser!
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1-3/4 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mash three bananas in a medium-size bowl.
- Add coconut oil, eggs, and yogurt. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix oat flour, coconut sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and sunflower seeds.
- Line bread pan with parchment paper. Pour mix into pan and spread evenly.
- Add a handful of chocolate chips on top.
- Cut the remaining banana in half vertically. Place both halves on top of your mix (see final image).
- Bake for 45–55 minutes, or until cooked all the way through (check with a toothpick).
Katey Gordon is an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach focusing on helping girls and women struggling with unhealthy eating patterns learn to live without a toxic relationship with food and self-worth. The pinnacle of Katey’s health journey began in high school when she started taking an interest in a healthier lifestyle. However, in college, this turned into an unhealthy obsession. Throughout undergrad, Katey struggled with disordered eating, orthorexia, and binge eating. Recovering from this extremely tough and crippling journey helped her discover the truth about health, the strength within oneself, and the importance of living holistically. Her journey is what propels her health coaching career. Katey has learned and gained a beautiful perspective and appreciation for food as fuel. For Katey, it goes far past physical appearance and deep into emotional and spiritual well-being. She helps inspire beautiful confidence in girls and women. Learn more from Katey on her website and Instagram.
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach? Click here to learn more!