By Destiny Hamid, HCTP January 2017
Colorful, high in protein, and vegetarian, this garbanzo bowl makes a delicious and balanced lunch or dinner!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup bone broth
- 1-1/2 cups kale
- 1 cup purple cabbage
- 2-1/2 cups organic garbanzo beans
- Organic no salt seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ounces tuna or salmon
- Avocado (optional)
- Pumpkin seeds or hemp seeds (optional)
- Heat oil on medium-high and add onion. Cook until slightly caramelized.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Raise heat to high, add bone broth and kale, and toss to combine.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove cover and continue to cook, stirring until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add cabbage, being careful not to overcook so it still has a slight crunch.
- Once kale and cabbage are sautéed, place in a bowl to the side.
- Add more olive oil to the pan, then add garbanzo beans, bone broth, and salt, pepper, and seasonings to taste.
- Let simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated and the beans are moist and tender.
- Once the beans are cooked, add tuna or baked salmon.
- Assemble garbanzo bowl and top with avocado, pumpkin seeds, and/or hemp seeds.
Destiny Hamid is passionate about healthful living! As an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, she creates a supportive environment that enables others to share their dreams and achieve their goals. During her own wellness journey, she has experienced the overwhelming feeling that comes with navigating all the contradictory information in the health and wellness world. Her goal is to make getting healthy fun and simple to achieve! She provides her clients with the tools needed to transform their life, one change at a time. Learn more about Destiny on her website or Instagram.
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach? Click here to learn more!