By Annika Schimmer, HCTP July 2016
This spongy deliciousness contains all the best winter flavors and is very easy to make. Bring this treat to your next party as it’s an all-time favorite sure to disappear within minutes. People won’t believe it’s both grain- and dairy-free!
• 1/2 cup canned full-fat coconut milk
• 1 banana
• 2 tablespoons coconut oil
• 1/4 cup honey
• 2 eggs, pasture raised (or 1/2 cup apple sauce without added sugar for AIP and egg-free)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (alcohol-free)
• 1 cup tapioca flour
• 1/3 cup coconut flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 3 teaspoons cinnamon
• 2 teaspoons ground ginger
• 1 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1 teaspoon cardamom (omit for AIP)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine coconut milk, banana, coconut oil, honey, eggs, and vanilla in blender and mix until smooth.
3. In a separate medium-size bowl, combine remaining ingredients using a whisk.
4. Add flour/spice mix to the liquid mix and blend until smooth.
5. Pour batter into a small square pan and bake for 30 minutes in the middle of the oven.
6. Let it cool, cut into squares, and enjoy!
Annika Schimmer is an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and the blogger behind 50 Shades of Avocado. She coaches clients one-on-one and recently published her first cookbook, ENJOY. Annika is originally from Germany and moved to New York City ten years ago to pursue a career as a professional dancer. After she was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and her life was turned upside down, she decided to look for a holistic approach to manage her symptoms. After changing her diet and lifestyle, she became symptom-free for the first time in years. She now shares her experience to help others take charge of their own health. Learn more about Annika on her website and Instagram.
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach? Click here to learn more!