By Mariah Mandile, HCTP July 2017
These are the perfect afternoon pick-me-up treats! They are full of healthy fats, collagen, and caffeine and rich in antioxidants thanks to organic matcha! What more could you ask for in a snack?
- 2-1/2 cups organic shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons “everyday-grade” organic matcha
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 heaping scoop vanilla collagen
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- Add all ingredients (except banana and honey) to food processor.
- Blend about 60–90 seconds until crumbly. (Scrape down edges as needed.)
- Add banana and honey, then blend until fully combined. It will be a thick, sticky consistency.
- Add mixture to a glass baking dish. You can use any size, depending on how thick you want the bars to be.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cut bars into squares, then store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Mariah Mandile is an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and the wellness blogger behind Fresh Water Peaches. After struggling with digestive issues and being prescribed multiple medications, she began to think there had to be another way. She soon discovered she had multiple food sensitivities and decided to make major changes to her life. Mariah uses her platform to share recipes, workouts, and healthy tips to living fully. She is passionate about helping others become healthier and happier.
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach? Click here to learn more!