By Monica Baeza, HCTP January 2017
If you’ve got a big sweet tooth, this French toast recipe is one of the healthiest sweet breakfasts you can have! It’s filled with high-quality proteins, fiber, whole grain carbs, and lots of nutrients. It’s simply the best way to start your day energized and nourished with amazing flavors!
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 cup natural orange juice
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein
- 2 slices sprouted whole grain bread
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Optional toppings: almonds, blueberries, natural maple syrup
- Combine eggs, coconut milk, spices, orange juice, and vanilla protein in a bowl.
- Moisten bread in the mixture for two minutes on each side.
- Warm up a cooking pan with coconut oil.
- Cook for about one minute on each side.
- Cook the remaining mixture – it’s where the rest of the protein remains and tastes amazing, too!.
- Add remaining mixture or optional toppings and enjoy!
Monica Baeza believes in a balanced life without restrictions and frustrations. After experiencing a personal disconnect from her body rooted in poor nutritional information, fad diets, and false stereotypes, she decided to commit to learning and understanding the connection between mind, body, soul, and health. She now listens to her body and gives it what it needs, enjoying a balanced diet and being kind to herself. As an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, she is inspiring others to do the same. Through her practice, Monica helps women balance all aspects of their lives with healthier eating habits and removing limiting beliefs. Find more from Monica on her website.
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach? Click here to learn more!