By Molly Alliman, HCTP November 2016
This vegan and gluten-free sauce is great on brown rice pasta with your favorite veggies and protein. It is also a wonderful sauce for a creamy chicken and mushroom dish.
- 1 tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 small white onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium white sweet potato, cooked and peeled
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cashew or almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in a saucepan and add chopped onion and garlic.
- Sauté for 4–5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add to blender with milk and sweet potato.
- Blend and add seasonings.
- If too thick, add more milk as needed until the consistency is creamy, like an Alfredo sauce.
Before launching her health coaching practice, Molly worked in corporate banking and struggled with digestive and weight issues. Seeking better health, she discovered the healing ability of whole foods and was able to get off medication, lose weight, and heal her relationship with food and her body. This inspired Molly to become an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, launch Balance by Molly, and develop her own cleanse, The Balance Cleanse. Molly now works with clients in one-on-one coaching sessions to help them achieve their health goals. She teaches her clients a new way of thinking about food and nutrition to make better choices around eating in a more natural, intuitive way that is free from dieting. She also offers corporate wellness programs and retreats to corporations in the Bay Area to encourage happier, healthier, and more effective employees. Find more from Molly on her website and Instagram.
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach? Click here to learn more!