By Alexandra Catalano, HCTP March 2011
A hot cup of cocoa becomes a nightly necessity as the temperatures begin to drop! But those store-bought packets are often filled with processed sugars and artificial ingredients. Instead, try this hormone-balancing recipe that is simple to create and only takes a few wholesome real ingredients. Not only is this enjoyable for you, but the kids will love it, too!
- 1 can organic unsweetened full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened raw cacao powder
- 3 drops ashwagandha
- 2 teaspoons maca
- 1 scoop chocolate collagen powder
- Heat coconut milk and cinnamon sticks in a saucepan over medium heat until hot.
- Stir in raw cacao, herbs, and collagen powder until melted.
- To make extra creamy, pour into a blender and mix on low.
Alexandra Catalano is a healthy lifestyle expert, author, two-time TEDx speaker, and the creator of the blog and brand Eat Cute. She is a frequent guest on The Hallmark Channel’s Home & Family as well as on Good Day LA, CW News, Elite Daily, and Lifetime. Alexandra also writes for Mindbodygreen, Oxygen magazine, FOX News magazine, Paleo magazine, Brit + Co, and FabFitFun. Find more from Alexandra on her website and Instagram.
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach? Click here to learn more!
Still craving chocolate? Check out these Pumpkin Swirl Brownies from IIN grad Morgan Beasley!