By Denise Bullen, HCTP July 2017
This delicious pumpkin pie recipe has all the flavor and none of the guilt. Enjoy this dairy- and refined sugar–free dessert this season. From the beautiful aromas in the oven to a slice with your favorite hot drink, it’s sure to be a crowd pleaser! It can be served hot or cold and freezes well.
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1-3/4 cups pumpkin puree (fresh is best)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine maple syrup and eggs.
- Add in salt and spices.
- Use a fork or whisk to mix in pumpkin.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Mixture should be smooth, but a few pumpkin chunks are also yummy.
- Pour mixture into pie shells.
- Place pie on middle shelf for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, lower temperature to 350°F. Do NOT open oven or touch pies – just turn down the temperature.
- Continue to cook for another 25 minutes or until pie is golden and fork comes out clean.
Denise Bullen has been in the wellness industry for over a decade, starting as a medical office assistant. She has since become a registered nurse, a yoga instructor, an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, and the founder of Green Tree Holistic Health. Denise began to use yoga and meditation to balance the stress that came with being a nurse and new mom. She is passionate about health and healing and strives to help others overcome their struggles and fulfill their goals. Find more from Denise on her website and Facebook.