By Olivia Budgen, HCTP September 2013
Making sushi is not as hard as you think. This cauliflower rice sushi is raw, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, and filled with flavor!
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 4 raw nori sheets
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 2 spring onions
- 1/2 avocado
- Handful cilantro
- Optional: handful sunflower sprouts
Sweet and Spicy Sauce
- 2 medjool dates, soaked for 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Thumb-length piece of ginger, minced
- 1 tsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp tamari
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- Squeeze of lemon
- Gently pulse cauliflower florets in food processor until it resembles rice.
- Slice remaining ingredients and arrange them on two-thirds of a nori sheet.
- Put a little water in a bowl and place it nearby. Start rolling and once you’re almost done, wet your finger and dab the end of the wrap fairly generously to seal it.
- Pop the roll into the fridge to let it settle.
- Repeat this process until you’ve used up your ingredients.
- Blend sauce ingredients, adding more water if necessary to make creamy.
Note: Let the sushi roll sit in the fridge for 30 minutes before slicing. This allows the moisture from the ingredients to soften the nori sheet and seal everything together nicely.
Olivia Budgen is a Brisbane-based Health Coach, a raw food educator, a blogger, and the founder of Organic Aura. Olivia started juicing over four years ago to help with her health struggles and noticed its healing powers. She is now sharing her experience with juicing through her raw and organic company, Organic Aura, which delivers fresh juice to the busy, health-conscious people of Brisbane. Find more from Olivia on her website and Instagram.
Loving this vegan recipe? Check out this Rainbow Spring Rolls and Dipping Sauce recipe from IIN grad, Joanne Schneider.
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach? Click here to learn more!