By Andrea Palacios, HCTP May 2015
These peanut butter and jelly pancakes made with a healthy twist will take you back to your childhood – except these are made with only natural sweeteners and no refined ingredients! See for yourself how fun and amazing these pancakes taste by whipping this easy recipe together for your next breakfast.
- 4 tbsp peanut butter or any nut butter (unsweetened)
- 4 tbsp honey or maple
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1/2 cup sparkling water
- Your favorite jelly
- For the glaze: Mix nut butter and honey and warm on a small frying pan.
- For the pancakes: In a bowl, mix dry ingredients and put aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, coconut oil, and mashed banana.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ones by hand and mix. Slowly add sparkling water.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle over medium-high heat and slowly add 2–3 tbsp of the batter.
- Cook each side until lightly golden brown.
- Serve pancakes with nut butter glaze and your favorite jelly.
Andrea Palacios is an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and the creator of Green Habits. Green Habits was built with the purpose of sharing the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle with others. It focuses on teaching people to live healthier through easy and accessible changes to their diet and lifestyle. With a deep passion for food and wellness, Andrea has been able to create unique health coaching programs that lead others to better health, more energy, and overall improved quality of life. Find more from Andrea on her website and Instagram!
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach? Click here to learn more!