By Letitia Richards, HCTP Fall 2009
Not only is this recipe quick, but it’s also super nutritious! Chickpeas are a great source of protein, fiber, potassium, and iron. They support weight loss, protect against heart disease, and improve gut health. This is a delicious egg substitute that has a similar consistency and great taste that will keep you satisfied all morning.
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- handful of spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup broccoli florets
- any other veggies you want
- Whisk together all the batter ingredients. It should look like pancake batter.
- Heat a nonstick pan and sauté all stuffing ingredients. Get creative and put whatever you want into this omelet. Set aside.
- Add some olive oil to the pan and pour in half the batter. Cook for a few minutes. Wait until it bubbles, then add in stuffing ingredients.
- Gently fold over and cook for another minute.
- Garnish and salt to taste.
Letitia Richards is the founder of Peace of Food Wellness. After seeing her loved ones suffer from health issues, Letitia decided to make a change and learn more about how diet and lifestyle can affect one’s health. Through Peace of Food, she coaches people to better health with holistic and natural solutions. Letitia focuses on supporting others as they set their wellness goals with a plant-based approach. Find more from Letitia on her website and Instagram.
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach? Click here to learn more!