By Francesca Minotti, HCTP September 2017
This recipe is an all-time favorite side dish with a healthy twist! Instead of being doused in heavy oil and fried, these potatoes are baked to perfection and seasoned just right. The avocado sauce is the ultimate dipping option and only uses four ingredients! This easy swap will have you forgetting those fast-food cravings and opting for this beneficial dish instead.
- 6 organic potatoes
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp blackening seasoning (paprika, garlic, onion, chili)
For the avocado sauce
- 1 ripe avocado
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Wash potatoes and cut into wedges. (Keep skin on for extra crispness!)
- Mix oil, salt, and seasonings in a bowl and coat potatoes well with your hands.
- Place on baking tray with parchment paper and put in the oven.
- Give it a stir after 30 minutes. Then cook for another 10 minutes until fries are crispy and golden.
- Blend all sauce ingredients and serve with fries.
Francesca Minotti is an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach on a mission to help others find what makes them glow. You can find more of her delicious and easy plant-based recipes on Instagram @the_golden_hour.