By Beth Romanski, HCTP July 2013
Avocados are an excellent source of healthy omega-3 fats and a wide range of phytonutrients. They help with blood sugar control, insulin regulation, satiety, weight management, and inflammation. Include collagen peptides to provide a clean source of amino acids and complement this fiber-rich and nutrient-packed summer soup.
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted
- 1 cup full-fat unsweetened coconut milk yogurt
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, minced (or 4 whole sprigs)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced (or 4 whole leaves)
- 1 small handful fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp raw tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp wheatgrass powder (optional)
- 1–2 scoops collagen peptides (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth, thick, and creamy.
- Refrigerate for 1–2 hours before serving.
- Top with white chia seeds, bee pollen, or shelled raw hemp seeds for an additional superfood punch!
Beth Romanski is an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, the founder of MyHealthyTransitions Health Coaching, and a co-host of Wellness Warriors Radio – a resource for open and candid conversations about the nuances of health and wellness. After Beth experienced her own health challenges – feeling stressed, tired, and sick – she pursued a path to better health. She turned to real food as medicine and improved the way she felt. She’s now working with clients to create personal plans to put the power back in their hands. You can find more from Beth on her website and Instagram.
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach? Click here to learn more!