By Meredith Wadsworth, HCTP July 2017
Having baked oatmeal after years of only ever eating microwaved oatmeal is like having fine French cuisine after years of frozen dinners! Try it once; you’ll never want to go back.
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 mashed ripe banana, or 1 tsp maple syrup for sweetness
- 1 dash (or several) cinnamon
Superfood add-ins (optional)
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 scoop collagen peptides
- 1 tbsp flax or chia seeds
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp raw cashews
- 1/2 sliced banana
- 1 tbsp natural nut butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease small baking dish or skillet with extra virgin olive oil.
- Mix all base and superfood add-ins in a bowl. Toss in most of the blueberries and all cashews.
- Pour mixture into dish or skillet and add sliced banana on top. Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Add remaining blueberries, and drizzle nut butter.
- Optional: Serve with dairy-free or plain Greek yogurt.
Meredith Wadsworth initially moved to New York City from Boston to pursue what she thought was her greatest passion – fashion. She quickly realized that fashion was not what gave her life meaning and purpose. Instead, it was her love and curiosity for holistic, naturopathic health. Meredith went on to make a complete career move and now works at a fitness startup called P.volve while providing private wellness and lifestyle consulting through her private practice. Be sure to check out her website and Instagram often for recipes, wellness tips, and motivational and inspirational topics!
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in learning more about becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach?
Click here to learn more!