By Shannon Craig and Elizabeth Finch of The Southern Well Being
Check out these classic loaded nachos turned healthy! You won’t be missing any of the delicious flavors you expect from this fan favorite – and you’ll even pack in some extra nutrients from the sweet potatoes. The nachos are completely vegan and can be personalized with your favorite toppings!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed well and sliced into very thin rounds
- Parchment paper
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado or coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red or yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 8–10 small watermelon radishes, thinly sliced (if you can’t find these in your grocery store, substitute another veggie, such as 3 or 4 zucchini)
- Chili powder, to taste
- Black beans
- Toppings: fresh diced tomatoes, diced avocado, chopped green onions, fresh chopped cilantro, lime wedges)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place sweet potato on parchment paper–lined baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for about 25 minutes. Flip potatoes and bake for another 20 minutes, until slightly browned. Set aside.
- Add oil to large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, pepper, and radishes (or zucchini) to pan, along with light sprinkle of sea salt and dash of chili powder. Sauté vegetables until onions are translucent and a bit golden, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Assemble nachos by layering sweet potato rounds, vegetables, black beans, and toppings of your choice. Finish with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
The Southern Well Being is an online wellness publication dedicated to all things involving greater well being. The idea came from a true need for more information about healthy living and wellness geared toward those living in the southern part of the United States. Founded by Shannon Craig and Elizabeth Finch, two Integrative Nutrition Health Coaches, moms, and passionate wellness advocates, The Southern Well Being aspires to become the online destination for southern well beings who are looking for the latest information on nutrition, fitness, body positivity, non-toxic beauty, holistic health, spirituality, and other topics related to wellness. They make wellness and healthy living more fun, exciting, hip, and most importantly, attainable for everyone.
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in learning more about becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach?
Click here to learn more!