By Elizabeth Stein, HCTP 2007, of Purely Elizabeth
These gluten-free and grain-free waffle ice-cream sandwiches are the perfect healthy spin on a childhood favorite. They’re low in sugar and simple to make, using just a few ingredients. Make a batch and keep them in the freezer for you and your kids to enjoy at any time!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsps coconut oil, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
For sandwich inclusions and toppings
- Ice cream
- Superfood powders (for vibrant colors – pitaya, turmeric, blue spirulina, matcha)
- Purely Elizabeth Grain-Free Granola
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks, melted (for dipping)
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Whisk in coconut oil, eggs, and coconut milk.
- Pour batter into waffle maker and cook according to waffle maker instructions.
- Set aside to cool.
- Scoop ice cream onto one waffle and top with the other to create a sandwich.
- Place in freezer to set.
- When sandwich is set, dip in melted chocolate and roll in topping.
- Keep in freezer until ready to serve.
Elizabeth Stein put her dreams in motion when she wrote “start a natural foods company” on a piece of paper while attending the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Now, nine years later, with the #1 selling granola in the natural food channel, Purely Elizabeth offers a line of gluten- and grain-free granolas, oatmeals, and superfood bars.
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in learning more about becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach?
Click here for more information!