Satisfy your sweet tooth with real-food healthy swaps, like these chocolaty treats that have little to no sugar. They’re loaded with good-for-you fat that helps you feel full, making just one square more than enough!
- Coconut oil
- 100% cacao powder
- Protein powder (optional)
- Peanut or almond butter (whichever you prefer)
- Chocolate or cacao chips (optional)
- Unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- Raisins (optional)
- Walnuts (optional)
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
* For this recipe, measurements will depend on how big your tray is, how thick you want the squares, and how many servings you want to make. Recommendations are provided in the instructions.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt about 1 tbsp of coconut oil until liquid.
- Add around 1 tbsp of cacao powder and stir until smooth.
- Add 1 scoop of protein powder if you want.
- Pour mixture into a shallow, freezer-safe container.
- Place in freezer for 5–10 minutes to harden. Make sure to place the container on a flat surface so that it freezes evenly.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt about 1 tsp of coconut oil until liquid.
- Add around 1 tbsp of nut butter. Add more as needed. Stir until smooth and consistent.
- Remove container from the freezer (make sure the base layer is frozen) and pour mixture on top.
- Add any optional toppings: chocolate chips, coconut flakes, raisins, walnuts, etc.
- Place in freezer for another 5–10 minutes.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 from the base layer above.
- Remove container from the freezer (make sure the middle and base layers are frozen) and pour mixture on top.
- Place finished product back in the freezer for 5–10 minutes.
- When you’re ready to serve, remove from freezer and let it thaw for a few minutes. Use a knife to cut up your squares and serve!!!!!
*Eat soon after; squares will melt at room temperature.
Alaina, Carly, and Julie Beyar are the three Holistic Health Coach sisters that make up the Balanced Beyars! After playing collegiate-level soccer, they pursued their passion for helping people find their happiest and healthiest selves by enrolling in the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. The on-the-go lifestyle they experienced as athletes inspired them to make healthy living an easy and accessible way of life for everyone. The Beyars’ now work with clients to achieve their goals, from exercise routines to meal planning and everything in between. Find them at BalancedBeyars.com and on Instagram @balancedbeyars.
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in learning more about becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach?
Click here for more information!