By Shaina Benzaquen, HCTP November 2017
Figs are so versatile and the best way to dress up any recipe – from meat to fresh salads to desserts and more! Figs are also loaded with health benefits, dense with fiber, and packed with potassium. They’re the perfect complement to any dish!
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup almonds
- 1-1/2 cups cashews (soaked for 4 hours)
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 5 fresh strawberries
- 1 package (1-1/2 cups) freeze-dried strawberries
- 4 fresh figs + figs for topping
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate
- Place the dates and almonds in a food processor until well combined. Form a crust on the bottom of a silicone mold.
- Add the soaked cashews, coconut oil, maple syrup, coconut cream, and fresh strawberries to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the freeze-dried strawberries and figs and blend for about 2–4 minutes.
- When the mixture is fully blended, fill your silicone molds. Place them in the freezer for about an hour.
- Once you have popped out your fully frozen tarts, melt the chocolate in a double boiler and drizzle lightly over your tarts. Top with fresh fig slices.
Shaina Benzaquen is an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and creator of I’ll Take Two. Shaina has a passion for discovering new ways to make everyday foods exciting by incorporating novel flavors into her recipes that enhance the taste and appearance of the dishes. The most important aspect of these recipes is the nutrient-dense health benefits of each dish, snack, drink, or dessert. She loves experimenting with flavorful, colorful fruits, veggies, herbs, and spices. Her goal is to make each dish as beautiful as it is delicious in order to create a table that is both eye-catching and mouth-watering.
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in learning more about becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach?
Click here for more information!