By Talia Pollock, HCTP September ’11
This festive, decadent, high-protein, creamy, and chocolaty nut butter turns anything you spread it on – toast, apples, bananas, a spoon, a knife, or your thumb! – into something worth celebrating! Also worth celebrating? How ridiculously easy it is to make!
- 3 cups nuts
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chocolate protein
- 2 teaspoon cacao powder
- Toast nuts on a baking sheet at 400°F for about 7 minutes, or until they’re light brown and smell amazing.
- Add nuts to a food processor while still warm, along with coconut sugar, cinnamon, sea salt, vanilla, chocolate protein, and cacao powder.
- Process the nuts! Be patient as this can take about 12 minutes. You may need to stop it a couple times to scrape down the sides, but keep going. It will go from crumbly to doughy to smooth and buttery. When it gets to a perfect nut butter consistency, mix the sprinkles right into the food processor. Then pause in awe because that’s real nut butter that you just made in your own house with ingredients you know and understand!
- Transfer your nut butter to a jar and store it in your pantry or fridge.
Talia Pollock is the creator of Party in My Plants, a hilarious hub of healthy living help. Through her popular Party in My Plants podcast; LOL-funny cooking videos and recipes, which have been seen on outlets such as The Dr. Oz Show; and her sought-after coaching and events, Talia proves that it’s practical and possible to live healthfully without compromising your social life. As an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, speaker (and former stand-up comedian), plant-based nutrition expert through Cornell University, and health-supportive chef from the renowned Natural Gourmet Institute, she’s made it her mission to help others eat more plants so they can have a life as epic as a party!
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in learning more about becoming an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach?
Click here for more information!