Cooking in a Crock-Pot is one of the simplest ways to make healthy meals without sweating over the stove. Just throw in the ingredients, let the slow cooker do its magic, and find yourself with a delicious and nutrient-packed meal. Crock-Pots are not only good for soups, stews, and overnight oats, but they can also be used for decadent dishes like this lasagna!
By: Gabby Álvarez, HCTP March 2017
- 1 pound organic chicken breast, cooked (optional)
- Organic tomato & basil sauce
- 3 small zucchinis
- Brown rice lasagna noodles
- Cottage cheese
- Organic shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook chicken in a pan or crockpot and after it’s cooked, shred it
- Mix tomato sauce and shredded chicken in separate container
- Cut zucchini into thin slices and pat down with a paper towel to absorb excess water
- Place a layer of zucchini, followed by the chicken (protein) sauce, then the lasagna pasta and top it with both the cottage and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers
- Cook in low heat until noodle is tender. I cooked it for 5 hours.
Originally from Venezuela, Gabby Álvarez is an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and dance & fitness instructor currently living in Las Vegas, Nevada. She is passionate about inspiring others to create a happy and healthy life by building awareness around their nutrition and mental health. Gabby found her purpose in life after experiencing the positive effects that her personal health changes made on her life. You can find more from Gabby on her blog, The Blissful Step, and on Instagram, @theblissfulstep.
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in learning more about becoming an IIN Health Coach?
Click here for more information!