These kebabs are a great addition to any summer barbecue. They take just a few minutes to prepare. They’re perfect to serving in place of heavy starchy sides. They pair beautifully with fish or chicken and are also amazing on their own! Summer is about lighter, more refreshing meals. This one is a keeper!
By: Mia Russo Stern, HCTP Class of July 2013
Makes about 6 skewers
- 4 small zucchinis, cut into 1 “ rounds
- 1 small pineapple, cut into 2” chunks
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil for brushing
- pinch of course salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of fresh tarragon for garnish, chopped
- 3 ounces of crumbled organic goat or feta cheese, optional
- Wash and prepare the zucchini, and cut them into 1” rounds. Cut away the skin of a ripe pineapple. Cut the pineapple lengthwise down the middle.
- Cut sections out around the thick hard core. Discard the core of the pineapple.
- Once you have the zucchini and pineapple cut, pierce them with the metal skewers, alternating them.
- With a silicone basting brush, brush them generously with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper, red chili flakes and garlic powder. Place the skewers on your hot BBQ and cook for about 20 – 25 minutes, turning them gently half way. Serve them with fresh chopped tarragon, and an additional drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Mia Russo Stern is an IIN Health Coach, Raw Food Chef, Recipe Developer and Food Blogger behind OrganicallyThin.com. Mia is also the founder of Brooklyn Culinary, an online culinary wellness program that teaches others to create delicious, healthy food every day. Through Mia’s coaching practice and wellness program she helps others reach their goals and zone in on their needs to get their mojo back and become their healthiest and happiest selves! Find Mia on Instagram @miarussostern and @brooklynculinary.
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Want to learn more about the IIN Health Coach Training Program?
Click here for more information!
One thought on “Pineapple and Zucchini Kebabs”
They would add a bit of zing to the BBQ. Great idea✌️💫💫💫