This smoothie takes about 3 minutes to make and is easy to whip up on the regular, especially for those with busy schedules! Including greens and fiber in your smoothies is an essential way to restore our digestive systems and have a happy gut. So, if you’ve recently come home after a long trip, drank too much wine over the weekend, or want to ease yourself back in to healthy eating, then this ones for you.
By: Michelle Cady, HCTP Class of July 2014
- 1/3 frozen ripe Banana
- 1-2 Cups of Almond Milk
- Big Handful of Greens, like Spinach
- Half a (not-peeled) Zucchini
- 1 Scoop Vegan Chocolate Protein Powder
- Pinch of Sea Salt + Pinch of Stevia
- Cinnamon or Pumpkin Spice
- In your Nutribullet or Vitamix, blend greens + almond milk first to avoid chunks of spinach
- Add the frozen banana and chocolate protein powder etc.
- Blend again until you reach your desired consistency
- Feel free to add almond butter, avocado chunks, chia seeds, or top with nuts or paleo granola for healthy fat and satiation (Fat is your friend)
*Just use 1/3 cup of almond milk if you’re making a smoothie bowl
Michelle Cady is a former finance executive turned wellness writer and IIN Health & Wellness Coach. She’s the writer of Self Care in the City – 100 Ways to Optimize Your Nutrition, Fitness & Wellness in an Urban Environment. Michelle’s coaching is not only a luxurious experience, but an effective one. From CEOs to entrepreneurs, her approach and techniques have empowered the best of the best to shift out of the haze of caffeine and adrenaline rushes and into a state of pure vitality. She’s the lady you want by your side if you want to up-level your brainpower and performance, and finally master the one thing that’s felt like a mystery: your body. Find more from Michelle on her blog FitVista.com and on Instagram @michellefitvista.
Are you an IIN grad with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!
Interested in learning more about becoming an IIN Health Coach?
Click here for more information!