Yay, it’s asparagus season!
The fresh and tasty asparagus season is brief – from April until June (in the Northeastern United States). So, you’ve got three months to eat asparagus like crazy! You can start with this delicious recipe.
By: Andrea Beaman
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 4-5 red radishes, sliced thin
- 1 shallot, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 tbsp. apple cider or white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. local honey
- 1-2 tsp. dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Trim woody stems from asparagus and discard (1-2 inches from the bottom)
- Cut asparagus into 3 inch pieces
- Heat a pot with salted water (4-5 cups water + 1 tsp. sea salt) and bring to a boil
- Drop asparagus into the water for 1-2 minutes
- Remove from the water with a slotted spoon and drain in a colander
- In a salad bowl, combine radishes, shallot and warm asparagus
- Whisk vinegar, salt, oil, honey, and mustard
- Drizzle onto salad and serve
Andrea Beaman is a holistic Health Coach, bestselling author, and Natural Foods Chef. She become passionate about educating the world on how to live a healthy and happy life after she was diagnosed with an “incurable” disease and knew there was another answer. By focusing on healing her body with natural, wholesome foods and improvements in her lifestyle she was able to take control of her health. She now holds live events and is the host of Healthy View Radio, inspiring people to transform their lives for the better. Find more from Andrea at AndreaBeaman.com and on Instagram @AndreaBeaman.
Are you an IIN Graduate with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!