These rich truffles are the perfect guilt-free treat for any day! The gooey inside and smooth chocolatey coating make for a combo you can’t miss. Keep them stored in the freezer and pop one out when you get the craving, plus the ingredients are super simple and there’s no baking necessary!
By: Sari Tile Diskin, HCTP May 2017
- 4 Pitted Dates
- ½ cup Water
- ¼ cup Creamy Almond Butter
- 2 tbsp Coconut Butter
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder *Dutch Pressed* – for optimal taste
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coffee Beans (or coarse coffee grounds)
- ½ cup Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
- Pink Sea Salt
- Pitt 4 dates. You can soak in water for 5-10 minutes if you have time. This helps them break down easily in the food processor.
- Grind coffee beans into coarse grounds. Not too powdery. If you want the coffee bean crunch to be more prominent in the truffles, do not grind them in advance, but add the whole beans in food processor.
- Add Coconut Butter, Water, Almond Butter and Soaked Dates into a food processor. Pulse until a thick paste is formed.
- Make sure there are no big chunks of coconut butter and almond butter in the mixture.
- Add cocoa powder, coconut flour, and ground (or whole) coffee beans to the mixture. Continue to pulse/mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Once everything is combined, roll the mixture into 10-12 small circles. Lay them out on a parchment-lined cookie sheet and place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Melt 1/2 C of dairy free chocolate chips by microwaving on medium for 1-2 minutes at a time. Mix in between.
- Take truffles out of the freezer. One by one dip them in the melted chocolate and coat completely.
- Place coated truffles back on the cookie sheet, sprinkle with pink salt (if desired) and freeze again for at least 1 hour.
- Store truffles in the freezer. When ready to eat, let defrost for at least 1-2 minutes.
Sari Tile Diskin is a Detroit-based Health Coach and nutrition & wellness blogger at EatWellwithSari.com. After four years in the advertising world, Sari made a drastic change to follow her passion for working in health and wellness, and today she does just that! She is on a mission to help others discover the tools to live their best life through food and adopting a healthy lifestyle. She currently works with individual clients, facilitating group nutrition workshops, and cultivating brand partnerships. Find more from her on Instagram @EatWellwithSari.