This is one of those easy weeknight dinners that is nutritious, filling, delicious and reheats well for lunch the next day! Definitely a meal prep staple and a crowd pleaser- especially for dinner parties!
By: Bianca Klotsman, HCTP Class of March 2016
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/4 white onion, chopped
- 1 cup mixed mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 cup green pitted olives, chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- chili flakes to taste
- 3-5 tbsp avocado or coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Cut the spaghetti squash down the middle and puncture a few holes in the skin using a sharp fork
- Drizzle the inner squash with avocado or coconut oil and flip it (skin upside) on a baking sheet
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until it turns golden
- In a medium/ large skillet, heat oil of choice. Sauté fresh garlic and onion for about a minute or two then add in mushrooms, broccoli and chickpeas
- Continue to sauté for about 5-7 minutes, mixing in between
- Remove the squash and flip it upwards to let cool
- Add sautéed vegetables and olives
- Season to taste
Bianca Klotsman is an IIN Health Coach, fitness professional, and wellness influencer based in New York City. She works with personal clients and speaks to groups to help encourage people to become their healthiest selves through integrative and holistic nutrition, with the philosophy to treat food as medicine. She shares healthy recipes, beauty secrets, activewear, fitness tips, her favorite studios and much more on her blog MyHolisticRX.com. You can also check out what she’s up to on Instagram @HolisticRX.
Are you an IIN Graduate with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!