Celebrate Cinco De Mayo this weekend with this healthy tortilla alternative! Make tacos, Juevos Rancheros, quesadillas, or any other Mexican-inspired dish with these super easy and wholesome tortillas, made with just 2 ingredients.
By: Kelly Cohen, HCTP Class of November 2016
Chickpea flour tortilla
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- Optional: spices of your choice. Here 1 tbsp turmeric, salt & pepper
- 1 pepper, sautéed or roasted
- 1 avocado, pitted, seasoned and cut in pieces
- 2 cups salad
- Toppings of choice: pickled onions, scallions, tomatoes, beans…
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the ingredients together and add the spices of your choice.
- Heat a small pan on the stove with 1 tbsp of neutral oil.
- When pan is really hot, pour 1 ladle into the pan like you would do for a crepe or pancake.
- Cook on each side for 1-2 minutes until golden brown on medium-high heat. Be careful to not burn the tortilla!
- When all the tortillas are made, assemble with toppings and top with dressing.
- This recipe can be used with infinite possibilities of toppings and dressing.
Kelly Cohen is a holistic Health Coach, private chef and the creator behind the clean eating recipe blog, My Organic Diary. Kelly is a French foodie who grew up in Paris and believes food is medicine. She moved to NYC to study in 2012 and now lives in Montreal, Canada. Find more from Kelly on her drool-worthy Instagram @MyOrganicDiary.
Are you an IIN Graduate with recipes worth sharing? Submit them to us here!